espn: Stefan Kiessling saga hurts German football

• oachim Low decided to wait until Friday before announcing his squad for the two World Cup qualifiers against Austria and the Faroes, but his most in-form striker will not be available in any case.

Bayer Leverkusen's Stefan Kiessling ruled himself out Saturday -- not just for the next two games, but for as long as Low is the national manager of Germany. "I couldn't give a wet cheese about the World Cup," the 29-year-old said after another typically excellent performance in the 4-2 win against Gladbach -- he scored one and had a hand in two more goals -- before adding that he was tired of the constant questions about his regular omission from the Nationalmannschaft.

"I've said before that this discussion is over," the Bayer 04 forward told Bild, "but I'll declare it once more: There won't be any more international games for me under Low!"

He later explained the reason for this radical move on his Facebook page. "For three years, there has been no contact, no talk about the reasons why I'm not good enough for the national team," he wrote, "I want to finish this topic once and for all". This wasn't a retirement from theGermany, only from Low's Germany, he hinted, and that extraordinary circumstance -- Löw resigning, or every other striker in the land getting injured, presumably -- could yet bring him back into the fold.

weiter --> http://espnfc.com/blog/_/name/espnfcunited/id/9014?cc=5739

Selbst mit Sky HD verbessert sich die Qualität eines FC K*ln Spiels nicht!