Beiträge von ES2022

Azmoun in a recent interview has talked about being happy with the team and the coach and hoping to play better this coming season. The team has been keeping close track of his daily practices. He was doing better towards the end of the last season and hopes to build on that so I doubt that he will be looking for a transfer this summer.

Azmoun is not going anywhere. Alonso was using him more and more towards the end of the season. I still look forward to Wirtz, Schick, Azmoun potential lineup.

lalaland3, thank you for posting the information. I would say during preseason and early season he was not playing his own spot and he was way out of shape. He has since become much more fit and is obviously showing the coach enough during practices to get picked in the starting line up. Sounds like the coach did not approve of Azmoun's trade during the winter break and will incorporate him into the offense over the summer or he will be traded.

I also follow Chelsea and it is funny how Chelsea fans all say the same things you guys say about Havertz in that he is weak and does not belong to the premier league. They all want him to be sold. However, three coaches now seem to pick him in the starting 11 every week.

On a minutes per goal basis: Azmoun 228, Hlozek 257, Adli 288, Diaby 302, Schick 313 so Azmoun is the one who does not belong in the league. Whatever!

This team has a very good coach but I liked him better when he was maintaining his cool and not running up and down the sideline complaining to the referees. He definitely should stay. Diaby, Adli, Hlozeck, Azmoun, Azmoun, and Schick are good players and should stay. The midfield line needs upgrades except for Wirtz and Palacios. Keep Tah, Tapsoba and Andrich for center back. Replace everyone else.

I have my browser set up so everything appears to me in English. Therefore, I fail to get the humor in most everything Artemis posts (lost in translation) which I imagine might be a good thing. Anyway, the team roster has 28 players and less than 10 are German. Time for the fan base to adopt.

His speed? According to team statistics, Azmoun scores a goal every 170 minutes (best in the team) and has clocked in at 34.2 kmh (which is definitely top 5 fastest on the team). Hlozek scores every 235 minutes (even after his great performance in the last 2 games) and has clocked in at top speed of 33.3 kmh. Hlozek has played almost twice as many minutes and has taken 28 shots and hit the post once. Azmoun's has taken 20 shots in half of the minutes and hit the post once. Admittedly he is not as fast as Diaby, or Frimpong and this coach wants a 9 who hangs back and covers for these track stars and Hlozek is better suited for that. I have to respect the coach's decision making so far even if my favorite guy is riding the bench, but let us not be delusional about Hlozek. He has tapped a couple of goals dropped by the goalies and the defenders. Azmoun keeps making runs thinking there is a pass coming. Hlozek goes to the goal hoping for mishaps to tap in. It works better cause there are no passes coming from these other players who like to dribble and shoot with their head down!

For those of us who have seen many of the over 150 goals he has previously scored for club and country there is no surprise that he has begun to approach his past level of play. Agewise, he should be playing his best football now and over the next couple of years. Glad that the team trainers seem to have whipped him into shape. He has been a relatively injury free player over the years so hopefully this will be the beginning of a good long run.

Getting better again. He should have finished with a couple of assists as well. Now that he is getting healthier and in better shape, the fans will begin to understand why he has millions of fans. I said it before, send some crosses into the box and watch his movement to the ball. Clinical striker!

So finally he gets a chance to play and manages to do half way decent but it is so frustrating to watch this team. I lost count of the number of times they passed the ball backwards all the way back to the goalie. Is this what they practice all week long? Azmoun got zero service the whole game. There were three scenes where he was involved. In all three it was his hustle to get to the ball. The penalty kick, the steal leading to the assist, and the shot that hit the post and set Schick up. It was always him trying to get to a loose ball. Never a simple pass into the lane, never a cross from a corner spot. The only crosses are vertical soft lobs that the goalie fields easily. By the way, everything I complain about hurts Schick and Hlozek the same exact way. You have 3 decent strikers and no one who can set them up.

Sorry to read that the Azmoun trade was not completed. He is clearly not a good fit for this team. These wingers are more interested in winning a track meet than playing football. A bunch of selfish players who run around like chickens with their heads cut off followed by weak desperate shots as they are losing their balance. Azmoun comes in with ten minutes to go down 2-0. Opposing coach immediately makes substitutions to cover him. People are complaining as to why he missed a header with his first touch. Where was the next feed and the one after that? That was probably the first intentional cross that came his way this season. I actually like Hlozek very much and needless to say Wirtz has class. I don't think Azmoun has gotten anytime on the field with Wirtz yet. I hope that happens in the near future as I suspect Azmoun and Hlozek would benefit from a possession strategy rather than the quick countering. Playing with someone who plays with their head up and can spot a passing lane. Schick is clearly a more stationary but a physically stronger player than Azmoun. He would also benefit from playing with football players instead of track stars. Azmoun's movement in the box is his best feature and I am sorry fans have not gotten a chance to see that yet.

Total number of tackles won by Diaby, Hlozek, and Wirtz yesterday was zero. You know how many they tried? A total of zero. Amiiri managed to get 1. The worst defender in the league guarding the near post on all dead balls. That is silly. I agree he is not good at the high press game but this team does not apply the high press and I have not seen Schik or Hllozek do any better. Anyway, I agree that it does not work with this team and he should move on.

So weak? In 18 minutes, he drew a penalty on a play where he started the action deep in his own half. He set up two potential assists while the team had stopped going forward and the goalie was the one sending punts and goal kicks to him. He is clearly not appreciated by this team or the fans. I would hope for a transfer by the end of the month. Hlozeck is an excellent player but on a per minute played he was outdone by Sardar on touches, completed passes, chances created. He did score so he had a great game and deserves to start again.

It'll be interesting to see if Wirtz can introduce an element of quality that is sorely missing and provide some service to the number 9. Without any service, Sardar must find loose balls to attack. He is not a poacher. Not sure why he agreed to join a team that has no open slot for him. He must have assumed that Schick would be traded. By the way to be fair, you cannot judge his play when he is subbed in for the last few minutes when the team is down a goal or two. He is not the super sub that will bring incredible energy in the last few minutes. He must start or be traded.

People in Iran are in a very unforgiving mood and are looking for instant support for the protest/uprising from all celebrities. Sardar's early support put his teammates in a bad light in that their failure to speak up resulted in very loud and oftentimes very demeaning comments about these players and their family members. Other players are now starting to clarify their position which frees him to speak up again.

Now, as for him scoring goals, I hope the coach sees the clip of the goal against Senegal and how it was set up. Bothe Schick and Azmoun need for Diaby and Frimpong to drive deep to the line and cross the ball the first chance they get and stop dribbling back and forth followed by a weak shot. Make that cross and allow for these two great players go to the ball.

The guy has scored CL goals against Ajax, Athletico Madrid, Chelsea, Bayern Munich and he sits on the bench till minute 86 and comes in to see 11 defenders parked inside the 18 and still manages to almost come up with an assist. True, I am a Sardar fan, but I also want his team to do well. It is okay if we do not start him but let us at least put on a decent offensive plan.